Friday, April 2, 2010

Pre-game Jitters

My dinner is packed, uniform is ironed, and I am ready to go. Thought I should take a moment to take it all in. Today is the biggest day in MN sports history! It will be short-lived, as the Home Opener on April 12th will take over that designation. But this is the day that we've been waiting for! Outdoor Baseball is back! It's supposed to rain, but I don't think that there is a ticket holder who cares or isn't prepared to deal with it! At least it's not snowing!

I find myself a little nervous. It's the first day on the new job. How will it go? I'm also a little nervous about taking the LRT, but I've done it before so, what's the big deal right? Other emotions include a little heartache... I've wanted to see the players reactions to the field on thier first day of play for a few years now, but I won't be on the field to see it. I think it's going to be tough this year, getting used to being at the park, but not having that connection to the players. I am still excited about this season, my job, and all the joy it will bring to the fans.

Batter Up! It's time for me to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment