Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Home Opener!



13964. That's how many steps I walked on Opening Day during the hours of 11am when I got to Target Field and 8pm when I finally left. It was an amazing and exhausting day! The weather held out for us, despite a forecast of rain.


My Brother Troy and Nephew Kaden were my Home Opener Ticket Holders. They got there around noon, just as the gates were opening, and took it all in. A BP homerun ball was hit there way, took a bounce off a seat in right field, and hit the guy standing next to Troy! They walked the park and enjoyed some pre-game nachos from Senor Smokes!
Then the festivities began! Alumni Players helped raise the flags of the Championship years. Statues were unveiled, and always my favorite- giant flags were displayed.

I delt with my first (and second) ticket issues of the season, and helped a fan desperate for the Opening Day Homer Hanky. He told me.. "you were clearly born for this job". Wow! It's not like you get to hear that everyday!

In the end, the boys won! Handshakes all around! Maybe the best Monday ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment